Non-thoughts and Non-sleep

I was concentrating on droning out the hum of the A/C. I thought it was a nice way to lull myself to sleep. It usually worked better than counting sheep, but this time it was futile. My head was too busy with non-thoughts. I picked up my white watch somewhere in the reckless pile of trash and ballpens and books that's beside my mattress. I watched with dread as I saw the long hand approach 12. I watched with even more dread as I finally saw the hour hand move directly over 2. I crossed the 2 AM mark and I was wondering if I will cross the 6 AM mark as per usual. Hopefully not. Sleep is such an elusive thing.

Mostly, I wouldn't be worried about my non-sleep. In fact, I almost welcome it. It's nice being awake early in the morning with no one to bother you. This time is different. I have an interview to get to, and it's a critical point. Hopefully, I ace it and my troubles will be no more. I pray. Oh God, I pray.

Comments

Popular Posts