4:21 AM



There's always a song for an occasion. Right now, it's not so much of an occasion but it feels just like Your Heart Is An Empty Room (by Death Cab for Cutie).  I admit to being quite obsessed with the song to the point of overplaying - but only because a certain line rings true:
Out there on the street are so many possibilities to not be alone.
In Cars-land, it's the annual Remove Yourself From the World month and I am almost strictly complying.  I hate how I get like this because I know I'm the only one on the losing end.  I also hate the way I know why I'm doing this.  The reasons are mostly selfish. Sort of ironic, really.  And I'm trying real hard to be "out there" you know?  But it's so hard because I overthink and sensationalize everything to the point of probably creating detached realities.  Isolated projections of realities is more appropriate I suppose.    Maybe it's the curse of having a constant story-like narration in my mind.  Everything turns out to be wild stories.  Where should stories end?  I'm thinking at some point, they should.

Comments

Popular Posts