My sleeping pattern is so off because my Dad decided to bring down my mattress consequently leaving me without something to sleep on upstairs.  (I am, of course, too lazy to do anything about the mattress.)  Meanwhile, sleeping in this room always gives me sleep paralysis/night terrors.

It's almost 7 and no one's up yet.  I am currently bored and restless.  I cannot start with my schoolwork because the room is so cluttered and messy. I've honestly tried working but I just can't.  Therefore I've spent the time rearranging/cleaning/de-cluttering/organizing the Study Room, even my sister's hellhole of  a desk.  I swear that kid doesn't have an organized bone in her body.  I decided to take matters in my own hands since nobody else seems to be even slightly irked by this.  (One time when I decided to do a "surprise inspection" of her bag, I found used paper plates and food wrappers. Oh man.)  I devised this Anti-Kalat Punishment System (I admit it sounds very MMDA).   Even googled "How to teach organization skills to children."  The ironic thing is I just found out that she's part of the COB (Cleanliness, O.., B...) committee in her class. 


I've never really been good with kids.  I can't relate well with them.  I'm trying to do right by my sister -- even if it means I have to Google "parenting" advice, even if it means I have to be the villain most of the time (in my sister's eyes). Mom is missing out on her formative years and Dad isn't strict the way that she's been with us (my brother and me).  I don't know how my Mom ever dealt with this.  Being pinned as the bad guy definitely sucks and sometimes I can't shrug it off.  But I can't find any other means of disciplining her without being extreme; she's too stubborn for her own good.  Wish there was An Idiot's Guide to Being a Semi-Parent During Tween Years.  Heh. 

The sun is up.  I am discussing Ate issues on my blog.  Okay

Comments

Popular Posts