Sibol: Design for the Soul

Every time someone would ask me "Why Interior Design?" I don't exactly feel like explaining myself.  My answer would usually be a straight "It's what I like."  And always just that, even if they're probably really curious especially because shifting from Math to Design isn't exactly the most linear of choices.  Anyway, the long and short of it:



My belief in Interior Design can probably summed up in our Special Project.  Every year, the graduating batch (I. AM. CLAIMING. IT!) of BS Interior Design has a choice for a semester-long project.  We can do just about anything - an advocacy, something to promote our course or even just an exhibit. In the spirit of being an Iskolar ng Bayan, an advocacy project is the only real and proper choice.

This year, our beneficiary is Ruhama Center for Children.  This is interesting because we get to see for ourselves how design can heal.  I mean, this is what I signed up for right?  Being able to mold spaces and places into living, breathing functioning ones.  It's also a challenge because, as the designer, you have to be able to put yourself in the shoes of your client -- which isn't exactly sunshine and rainbows given the situation. Guided by our theories, we came up with different design solutions and innovations for five different, necessary spaces: support service areas, operational areas, public living areas, private living areas and general staff areas.






Aside from the designing phase, we get to experience the full spectrum of being an Interior Designer.  Being one isn't just about being able to draw pretty pictures, you also have to be able to manage the entire project.  Right now, we're almost in the construction stage while simultaneously juggling with fundraising projects and contacting sponsors.

We're really excited to see our designs come alive! Wish us luck!

----
If you're interested to help, or would simply like to know more about our project, please visit our Facebook page:  http://facebook.com/Sibol2013 

Comments

  1. kb (aka you know where/how to find me :p)September 7, 2013 at 5:48 PM

    Hi Cars!

    I won't pretend I know what you're going through but I think it's okay to keep coming back to memories. She is still your mother, after all, and not even death can change that. Stay strong always.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts