I Am Cars And This Is My Heart

The gentle hum of the car engine was a lullaby.  Everything burned of red; brake lights on fire.  Misplaced honks of angry drivers were futile.  But I was in my own little bubble.  My sight was hazy and I couldn't make out the last few words of the song on the radio.  A long car ride is like incarcerating yourself with your brain -- a rigorous interview session.

All I am waiting for is the whisper that would set me up through a looking glass.  I am finding out how lost I am, and I don't think I've admitted it as much before.  I refuse to look for myself mainly because I am afraid of what I'm going to find (out).  I am stubborn, maybe.  But I'm definitely most afraid.  My mind is telling me things and I feel like everything is possible.  Everything is possible.  It's one of those moments when I don't appreciate the infiniteness of things.  The notion of limitless possibilities does not comfort me.  I can't rely on destiny and coincidences all the time but I feel like I've become dependent.  Wouldn't I want my life to turn back to the time before everything turned to stone?

The car suddenly moves and I am careened out of my thoughts, into reality.  But I plunge right into somewhere in between.  All I could see was the collision of sea and sky dotted by birds and boats and the occasional trash.  What I'm thinking is that although I know it stretches for miles and miles, it looks pretty finite to me.  Everything meets at the horizon.   It feels just like an optical illusion -- a joke.  But what I want is to see everything for what they truly are.  I hate that right now I'm dependent on greys and incoherence.  I want to see.

But my eyes are tired, and the heart can only look so far..

Comments

  1. cars, i'm pretty sure that someday, somehow, in your own due time, you will find your perfect spot under the sun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts