Nikon FG


Every year my Tito tells me all about his SLR and how it's collecting dust in his office.  Every year he also tells me it's mine if I get it from him, but always forgets to bring it home.

I'd already forgotten all about the camera and the promise.

Last August, during my lola's wake, it was a mess of going (back and forth) to Manila Memorial (again). I went to my tito's office to hitch a ride (he works close to where I study). And he finally remembered!  Imagine my glee (and yes, glee is the right word!) when he presented me with this brown-ing, old, dusty tupperware. It wasn't much of a looker of course, but it hardly matters.  Inside it was gold! (Obviously not literally...) I finally have my own film SLR, a Nikon FG.  I've had it for months but only got around to finishing the roll last Christmas.  Sadly, only 14 out of 24 shots made it out OK.  I wonder what happened?  Although, I'm actually pretty surprised given the circumstances (aka I am an SLR n00b).

These are for you, Lola Tita.

(Shots after the jump!)




 







 

Comments

Popular Posts