Sideways and Under

No matter how much you plan something, there's still that possibility that it will go sideways.  I just searched and researched for the perfect Cebu trip only to have it almost-completely shot down.  I guess it's really nobody's fault per se, but let me rant.  

The first error was negligence on my part.  It would have been perfect, too -- ideal rates, ideal hotel, ideal itinerary.  Except I scheduled it on the exam week of my sister. But no big deal -- back to the WWW to scavenge for great deals (which, in reality is quite stressful and headache-inducing).

I planned everything to the dot, mostly opting out of tours and packages because I love exploring in my own terms.  I made reservations and bookings, paid for the full amount of the hotel and travel expenses.  I even spent some of my Christmas money to buy a disposable underwater camera.  I traced paths on a Cebu map I bought.  I encircled all the top Cebu Lechon places!  I've been imagining all the things I will blog about (heh).  All that was left to do was board the ship, enjoy the adventure and go home for all the plates that are awaiting me. But alas, a text from 2GO Travel informing us of our rescheduled trip shatters another perfect plan.  Okay, so it's really nobody's fault because there's a typhoon and safety first and I opted for sea travel and yadda yadda yadda.    It doesn't change the fact that the plan's ruined and we'll only have two days (we already thought that 3 was short!!).

But oh well.  Life.

Comments

Popular Posts