Status report


I've gone and made silly overdue memories, trying my best to participate in most things.  I think I've mostly succeeded  --I can't believe it.  Six (Hah, six) years ago I was a trembling, awkward freshman with no friends, no direction, no sense of being a person. But, here I am now.  I've crossed out 2 of  5 things so, not necessarily different, but...  progressed? Evolved?

I guess.

I feel new.  Suddenly I'm craving for "branching out," going places, improving myself, and sometimes even being a little bit selfish.  Wildly enough, it's like I can see the world again. Like, for the longest time, there was Manila smog in my immediate vicinity, and just now it all floated away and... the world is endless. The. World. Is. Endless! I know, it sounds a bit far-fetched -- but honestly, that's how I feel.

It's probably because University Avenue is already being prepped -- Sunflowers are about to grow, and 2014 is my year. I can finally move forwards.  (I can finally move on.  We're all so fond of expiration dates.)  And not at all because it has been six years.  I was never ashamed of that.  If there's one thing UP taught me is that you should never feel/be sorry for being true to yourself.  So.

I suddenly see the world as a giant wish-granting factory -- no matter what John Green says.

Comments

Popular Posts