Hit and Miss

The past months have been crazy busy and just plain crazy-crazy with a bit of downtime in between all those crazies.  As usual, it took me a while before I could write (Hi blog, I'm still alive). 

I had a post-graduation slump where I promised myself that I would do absolutely nothing for a few weeks.  How liberating!  The lull was quite welcome specially considering the crazy-crazy that came before that (thesis, graduation, yearbook duties, etc.) and that would soon come (Board Exam and everything related to it).   In between, I was also able to travel a bit which was quite refreshing (I hope to post about this.. some time). 

Around July, I started going to review school for the board exam.  I was probably the most delinquent reviewee because I was absent 70%  (or 90%??) of the time.  To be honest, group review isn't my thing at all.  I prefer the silence and freedom of my own time, and I get really OC about reviewing for exams because it has to be in a certain way.  It became really stressful towards the end because how do you study Interior Design anyways?  It's endless.  There are no specific books or academic sources, everything is so subjective, it's constantly changing, it encompasses a lot of things.  That's where the bulk of the stress came from -- not having defined limits of what to review.  

Not to mention the exam itself.  It was a three-day stint in the middle of unfamiliar ground (Hello Manila!).  My friends and I decided to rent a room (a cupboard under the stairs that fit all 10 of us) near the venue of the exam.  It was definitely a good choice (despite it being cupboard-sized) since we had to bring a ton of stuff during the exam itself -- drafting board, drawing and rendering materials, food, water.  Some even brought tables and luggage. Our exam rooms were in the fourth floor.  It was as much a physical test as it was mental.  Crazy!  Don't even get me started on the exam itself.  Good grief.  I might be breaking some law or code somewhere but, they need a proofreader.  I can't count the times I wanted to bang my head on the table because some items were just plain... stupid.  (I tried to find a subtler word, but "stupid" encompasses it well.  Oh my, am I going to PRC jail for this??? Please don't revoke my license.)  I bet even Sherlock will short circuit.  Not even the power of deductive reasoning can save you in some instances.  Hit and miss.    In the end though,  I was really lucky to have blockmates who were so generous with information and support.  :)  We were all in it to win it.  ;)

Despite doing our best, we were all resigned to whatever God had in store for us (basically, we were all very pessimistic/realistic).  Really.   So, you can all imagine our relief when 22 days later the results finally came out.  And we all passed!!   UP 100%!


The Oathtaking for newly licensed Interior Designers was held last November 18 in Sofitel. It was a day to remember as I paid a lot of fees (LOL) before I was able to take my oath.  We were all on a high, and can't seem to stop smiling.  A lot of photos were taken that day.  I finally have an ID aside from my passport.  Hooray!



(To be honest, this was not during the oath-taking.)




Comments

Popular Posts