Get Me Through the Day

I haven't been music-hunting like I used to, but here are my Semester Albums (meaning, what gets me through long commutes home and monotonous drafting hours).   


Tourist History (2010)  -  Two Door Cinema Club
Two Door Cinema Club is just an instant pick-me-up!  Their music just makes me want to run around in circles and do cartwheels.  They also make me draft faster.  



Bring Me Your Love (2008) - City and Colour
City and Colour is actually just one man.  And he's pretty clever, really, because his name is Dallas Green.  See what he did there!  (Take a moment to reflect, I won't judge you if you don't get it...) To be honest though, it took a while before his music settled with me.  The trigger was when I saw him on an episode of One Tree Hill and I don't know, it made me realize how romantic and honest his music is.    

Hands All Over (2010) - Maroon 5
Or anything Maroon 5, actually.  I've been a fan since high school!  Seeing them live just made me fall even more in love with Adam Levine them. 

Bon Iver (2011) - Bon Iver
I regret putting this on whenever I do because I usually do so while working on my plates. What their music makes you want to do is, to curl up with a warm cup of tea on the sofa while watching the rain fall and pondering about your life choices.  And then you fall asleep after about 5 minutes of that.  


xx (2009) - The xx
Just, beautiful.  

Comments

  1. My favorite Two Door Cinema Club track is Eat That Up It's Good For You. Such a fun upbeat song. And of course, that Bon Iver album is perfection. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts