Live Happy: My Heima Internship

Unlike most of my blockmates who are done with their internship, I'm only halfway through my second one (we each need 2 internships).  I've already finished my interior design internship in a relatively new design company (Mondo Design Studio) -- which, I realize, I didn't get the chance to blog about (Oops).    We're also supposed to apply for any design-related internship.  I went for graphic design at Heima!

I think I first heard about Heima through Tumblr.  It was probably around 2010, or 2011 when Cubao X seemed like such a far-fetched place which a special breed of people (read: hipsterz) gravitated towards. I've always admired Heima's unique and quirky design approach.  So I'm really happy to have this opportunity to learn from them.

This internship is actually a nice change of pace in my week because aside from the monotony of school, and the road, and chores, I now have a 10-7 job.  I mean, not that I wake up with rainbows and butterflies during workdays, but... it's a different and welcome dynamic.  (And I think, I'm really excited to work now! As opposed to being deathly afraid and insecure before.)

 

I'm not really an inspirational quotes kind of person.  But most of my work there right now is typography, which I have never done.  I've also never touched Adobe Illustrator so... It's been quite a learning experience. 
---

It was my first time to have "work" on the 31st, so that's where I spent my Halloween!


We were both too "lazy" to put our make-up on, so we ended up as puppets instead.
(I planned on being a Hipster Zombie Girl.)




 

Happy Halloween from Heima Brixton! :)
(Photos not mine)



Comments

  1. Thanks Ate Patti!! So nice seeing you btw, less awkward meet-up success! HAHA!

    Yeah, it's always kind of weird to be coming in on days that used to be "holidays." Like on birthdays or something. (OR IS THIS JUST ME)

    Thanks! I actually kind of worked for this. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts